Thursday 24 March 2011

Spring is Springing

Yesterday morning I woke up to a familiar sound and scent... one that I have woken up to many times before. I can't even count the number of times that I have experienced this, but yesterday it was the most delightful experience.  
I woke up to this:
The sound and smell of freshly cut grass. 
Some may question the fact that I am living in the heart of London... but little do they know that we have a very quaint, small courtyard below our flat that has vibrant green grass that naturally needs trimming every once in awhile. And boy, was I grateful for that nostalgic moment. 
I felt like I was back at home in my parent's house waking up in the summertime to my dad mowing the grass right by my basement window.
Aside from this freshly cut grass there are signs of spring budding all over London. 
The weather has been consistently beautiful for the past few days- Sunny, 60 degree days which required the ditching of my Eddie Bauer Goose Down jacket. 
Here are some of the lovely sights that were seen in Notting Hill this week. 
All of this sunshine called for some lemon and pear gelato.
PS, if you haven't had pear gelato... you must find some and try it. It was divine!

2 comments:

  1. Don't you just love Spring?? I am so ready for Spring, I wish it would warm up already! I LOVE your pics and your London experience sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sooooo jealous!! What an awesome experience to be living in London at such a gorgeous time of year. Keep updating so I can live vicariously! :)

    ReplyDelete